Friday, October 20, 2006

TGI Freaking F!!!

Finaly Friday. What a loooooooong week. Very little done with the cars, besides drive them (took the 993 into work today.. ah.. such a sweet car but sill needs some tuning). It also stopped raining today. This picture was taken last weekend, when it was raining, sue me. One of these days I'll shoot some decent pics of it. For now.. this will have to do.


MODS:
On second though, that is not totally true. I did fix the rear seat belts this morning so the kids can safely ride in the back of the 993. There were some factory latch 'stop's in the belts that prevented them from getting tight enough on my little people. A small application of a hot iron to the offending buttons took care of that in short order!

PARTS!
Some new parts arrived yesterday. Cosmetic stuff primarily. Ho.. so what arrived.. righto.

A pair of 'Big Oval' exhaust tips. They will do a better job of filling the rear valance where the stock tips live now. Cosmetic, maybe a tiny sound alteration. The best part is the COST. So, you can order these an option from Porsche for around $700 or if you are a bargain shopper $500 from a couple of the aftermarket manufactures.

Well.. Rennlist pays for itself over and over and over again. This time.. a group buy was arranged form an eBayer that had a very nice set of these tips for sale.. for.. well.. around $55.00 SHIPPED!

Mine just came in the mail, but are still in the box in the back seat of my car, parked in the parking garage a couple blocks away. What mental defect makes me want to drop EVERYTHING and run out there, get the box, bring it back and open it? LOL. It's OCD I suppose (or just OD).

CATCHING UP? - NOT YET.
And I still have some posts to finish, but I did post pics from my exhaust mods on Sunday. Getting behind already.

As always, more to come!

No comments: