Wednesday, October 25, 2006

964 suspension work continues and broken tools.

It's Wednesday and things are going along much more quickly than I had expected, considering the quantity of write-ups regarding the suspension work. So far the front has rivaled my old Miata for easy of work. It's been a breeze. The ONLY challenge I've had so far was getting the nuts removed from the tops of the front struts.

No size of vice grip was able to hold the shaft with enough grip to get the nuts off. I ended up taking them to the local Porsche dude across town at MaxRPM (Alex THANKS for taking time out of your busy day to use the super impact gun to remove those things!). It took him some time to get them loose but now they are off and progress can continue.

I did run into an issue with the 10mm Allen head bolts. In fact it was the tools that had a problem. 3 tools died while attempting to loosen the lower bolts on both sides. Oddly enough a Tiawanese tool from Schucks Auto Supply was the only survivor (two of the dead tools were American made life-time tools.. which will be returned for replacement some time this week). I'll post some aftermath photos as well as some other interesting shots once I download them from my camera.

See ya next time.

No comments: