Monday, October 09, 2006

Sometimes insanity reigns

Sometimes insanity reigns.

It has been just a little over a month since I bought my first Porsche. The 1990 964 Carrera 2. What a great running car! A pure joy to drive, and despite some oil leaks, a real joy to own! But now I've been bitten by the bug!

I must have MORE!

The first time this happened to me, it was with motorcycles. I still have a couple of them but now.. it's cars.. specific cars... air-cooled boxer powered Porsches. I really have had quite a few cars and driven a quite a few more (from older Targas to newer Corvettes) and there is some thing about these cars that I simply cannot put to words, but it's there and it's driving me to learn more and more about them.

On Friday, October 6th I went overboard (well.. I think not, others will disagree) and picked up a very well priced (way below market asking) 1995 993 Carrera 2. This one.. is just a beauty. The 964 is very elegant in it's champagne metallic clothes. This one is a more like a hooker. She's flashy, fast and dangerous.

It has only been a couple of days since she came home, and it spent all weekend in the shop while I drove the older sibling to and beyond it's limits at a driver school that past weekend. Today it's in the office parking garage, at the very end, in a brightly lit but lonely corner, glaring. A color so loud you can hear the car from across the street while it's parked. I love it! I do not have many pictures of it yet but I do have this one taken just before my track class. Once I get a chance I'll do a proper shoot. For now, I present... “Trouble”.

No comments: