Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday WSP cat and mouse

It's been a while since I've run into this sort of silliness. Sure I see plenty of them running RADAR / LIDAR traps along SR-16 but it's not that often they are stalking the traffic I'm driving in. Today was an exception.

It started off with me not paying attention as I entered Gorst (great place for them to trap speeders). Thankfuly someone well ahead of me tripped the RADAR on and I was warned well in advance. Rolled on through without a problem.

Not long after though I started reading a 1-2 bar K signal. Then it faded. A couple miles later it was back. It did not fade or grow quickly so now I was sure he was someone behind lighting up the group of cars from time to time.

Most of the people without detectors just keept bustling along at 10+ over the limit except myself and an older gent in an Auto Union. I suspect he spotted my detector in the windshield and followed suit when I hit the binders and dropped into the slow lane.

It is a 30 mile or so drive from Gorst to the bridge on SR-16. Every few miles or so the K alert would go off with 1-2 bars. I never did spot the wolf that was hunting us, just too many cars. In fact I'm not even sure why the WSP kept flipping the RADAR on/off/on/off with such a thick group of cars almost all of which were going at or very close to the limit (rare).

I'm happy I had the detector to remind me to pay more attention to my speed and not so much the standard flow of traffic in those areas they typically run traps.

On the way to the highway I was mugged by someone with a Ka instant-on unit. Never did see them either but I was well within the parameters of legal driving speeds. It was the first time I'd seen it used there (probably the local revenuers).

Just another day driving around in a Porsche. Even in metallic silver it seems to attract attention of the local PD. Now, if only the girls were so interested!

No comments: