Wednesday, November 15, 2006

DONE! (nearly).



After what was much longer project than it needed to be, the 964 is back together and on the ground!

Last night my neighbor came over and we completed bleeding the brakes. Ah.. rock solid. The only task left now is to set ride height (the above pictures is with the springs set at full extension), set the alignment and finally bed in the new brake pads.

For this photo I rolled the car in and out without the brakes. I just could not wait to get it outside and see how it looked as low as it would go.

Jacking the car to bleed the brakes was interesting. The near rear sway bar is quite stiff. At the current setting, jacking the car from it's rear jack point lifts both tires on that side of the car. In fact it almost put it on one tire (left front, right rear jack point). It will be interesting to try it out once alignment and brake bedding are complete.

Later this week I'll post some more pics of the car just before I finished the button up.

It sure was sweet to fire up that engine again. It sounds soooo good with the recent updates. I 'll try to shoot a video clip of it and post this weekend!

No comments: