Saturday, August 19, 2006

A New Begining...

A new begining. After many years watching these enigmatic cars on the highway and the race track, I finally found my way into a possition where I could find out for myself.

That day came on Saturday, August 19th, 2006. The day this little gold beauty appeared on my weekly auto sales watcher. The price was right, the year was right and the type was acceptable (a Targa would have been preffered by even more difficult to find). Later I would discover that the Couple, althought less expensive by far, was the superior car for my needs which included weekend racing events.

I think it's obvious that I'm quite pleased with the purchase, and it's a great addition to the stable populated with a European motorcycle and one of the fastest Cars Mercedes shipped to the United States... The 500E supercar.

What is an interesting fact about these two cars is they were both cars spent time at Porsche's Stuttgart plant (the Mercedes is a rare hand-built model made in collaboration with Porsche). So.. althought of vastly different Marques, they share history. Plus.. both are incredibly fun to drive in thier own rights.

Stablemates:


The purpose of this blog will be to document the experiences (good and bad) with the Porsche Carrera 2 (aka 964). A 250 HP dual-spark 3.6L air-cooled opposing 6 engine, fully independant suspension and an very nicely appointed interior including A/C, leather heated seats and a dashboard to die for!

I hope you find this blog interesting as well as informative, and above that, thanks for taking the time to drop on by!

- David

No comments: